To fulfill the requirements found in the Book of Order (G-2.0201): “The ministry of Deacons as set for the Scriptures is one of compassion, witness, and service, sharing in the redeeming love of Jesus Christ for the poor, the hungry, the sick, the lost, the friendless, the oppressed, those burdened by unjust policies or structures, or anyone in distress” and to celebrate the joys of the congregation.
What We Do
Caring, Welcoming, Supporting, Prayers, and Ministry
- Provide compassionate care for members, including visits, calls, and cards.
- Provide continuing care and contact to our college students.
- Provide continuing care and contact to those members who have been identified as no longer participating in the life of the congregation
- Provide a Deacon at every new member class in order to present a brief introduction about the Board of Deacons and its ministries
- Provide, through the church office, food cards and monetary support to those in need, following the Board of Deacon guidelines
- Maintain and coordinate the Prayer Chain in cooperation with the office
- Provide financial support for Stephen Ministry
- Oversee communion preparation and servers, maintaining communion supplies and equipment.
- Serve home communion to our shut-ins at least twice a year
- Provide and coordinate worship transportation for those in need
- Maintain the flower calendar for worship, including Easter lilies and Christmas poinsettias, and provide for their delivery as expressions of congregational joy or concern
- Oversee the summer outdoor worship service and picnic
- Oversee audio/visual recordings of the 10 a.m. Sunday worship service and distribute and make available copies
- Recruit, schedule and coordinate Usher Leaders who oversee usher teams for worship