The Growing Place Preschool is committed to providing an innovative and developmentally appropriate curriculum to help prepare each child for his/her next school experience. We use the Illinois Early Education Learning Standards and the NAECY guidelines to establish our goals and targets for the students. The preschool is licensed by Department of Children and Family Services of Illinois (DCFS). It is in compliance with the health and safety standards established by DCFS and the Kane County Health Department. The Preschool follows the same holiday schedule and inclement weather closings of Geneva School District 304.
Three Year Olds
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00-11:30, or 9:00-1:00, extended day
Four Year Olds:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9:00-11:30, or 9:00-1:00, extended day
Children of both classes may enroll for an additional day of learning.
- Promote social skills such as respect, kindness, and empathy.
- Enhance self-esteem through individual accomplishment.
- Learn how to value another person’s rights by teaching respect for others.
- Encourage cognitive development and reasoning skills.
- Encourage pre-literacy and early math skills.
- Strengthen small motor skills using scissors, play-dough, art, puzzles, blocks.
- Develop an appropriate pattern of dependence and independence.
- Foster a sense of continuity between school and outside world.
- Create a place of community, teamwork, and friendship.
- Explore creativity and self-expression.
Children entering the three-year old class must be three by September 1st of the current school year. Children entering the four-year old class must be four by September 1st. Children need to be toilet trained.
Registration for the upcoming school year is open to church families and returning students and their siblings in January. Open registration for the public begins the first Monday in February. A $75 nonrefundable enrollment fee is due with the application and will be returned if your child is not enrolled.
For registration forms and other information visit our resources page.