|Carl Gray, Pastor
Bart Roush, Pastor of Adult Ministries
Ryan Pixton, Pastor for Children and Youth
Melinda Hinners, Pastor of Visitation
Al Dempsey, Parish Associate
Loy Williams, Parish Associate
|John Stombres, Music Director
Jerry Lynn Cox, Handbell and Junior Choir Director
Nina Herdes, Cherub Choir Director
Cindy Duff, Preschool Director
All are welcome to worship at Fox Valley Presbyterian Church. We also invite you to participate in the fellowship, education and mission opportunities offered by our church.
Two services are offered, at 8:30-9:15 a.m. (informal), and 10:00-11:00 a.m. (traditional). The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the first Sunday of each month. Every Sunday, following worship, there is an opportunity for fellowship and coffee with new and old friends!
Sunday Church School
Listed below are choices for enriching your family’s Christian growth:
Adult Education 8:30 a.m. Children’s Education (age 3 yrs. – 6th grade) 10:15-11:15 a.m.
Nursery care for very young children is offered from 8:15 to 11:15 a.m.
We are a Stephen Ministry church and have lay persons trained to provide confidential, distinctively Christian, one-to-one care, to those who are experiencing all kinds of needs.
Classes are offered regularly throughout the year. Those wishing to unite with the church are asked to contact the church office (630) 232-7448.
Children and Youth
- Nursery offered for children birth to age two.
- Church School – Young Children and Worship for three-year olds, Preschool and Kindergarten students. Workshop Rotation Model (Keys to the Kingdom) for grades 1-5. Bible Survey for students in grade 6.
- The Growing Place Preschool – Weekday faith-based learning for 3-5 year olds.
- Fisher Folk – Ministry to grades 6 through 8. Includes 6th grade Sunday school, confirmation preparation for 7th and 8th graders and weekly youth group meetings Sunday 4:00-5:30pm. 8th grade confirmands meet with a confirmation mentor and have special confirmation meetings.
- Fellowship of the Carpenter (FOTC) – For grades 9-12. Meets Sundays at 5:30-7:30 p.m. Activities culminate in the annual “Go 'n Serve” mission trip in June.
Adult Spiritual Formation
- Sundays - Adult spiritual formation classes meet 8:30-9:30 a.m. Classes range from short-term topical studies to longer term Bible study.
- Men’s Bible Study – Men’s Bible study group, Fellows for Fellowship, meets the second Saturday of the month at 8:00 a.m.
- Women’s Bible Studies - Women’s Bible study groups meet at a variety of times.
- Occasional Opportunities – A variety of engaging and spiritually challenging lessons are offered at various times to accommodate the various schedules of our church family.
- Advent and Lenten Studies – Special opportunities for study and reflection are offered to enhance our spiritual participation in the seasons of Advent and Lent.
Check the Sunday bulletin, the bulletin board in the Lower Gathering space, the weekly e- newsletter and The Burning Bush for the latest information on adult education opportunities.
- Chancel Choir – Comprised of high school young people and adults. Sings each Sunday and rehearses Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m.
- Joyful Noise Handbell Choir – Plays monthly; rehearses Mondays at 7:00 p.m.
- Junior Choir – For 2nd grade and up, sings monthly and rehearses Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
- Cherub Choir – For Preschoolers through 1st graders, sings monthly and rehearses Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
FVPC hosts a monthly free community dinner on the third Friday of every month from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Join us for great food and fellowship.
All women of our church are a part of the Presbyterian Women’s Organization. Each woman chooses her own level of participation. Dorcas Circle meets the second Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. Priscilla Circle meets the second Thursday of the month at 1:00 p.m. Rachel Circle meets the second Thursday evening of the month at 7:30 p.m. Sarah Circle meets the second Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. with provided childcare. These fellowship, study and mission groups are active September through May.
The Church in Mission
Answering the call of Christ to respond to people in need and to love our neighbors, FVPC provides support to many organizations, both locally and internationally, through monetary contributions and hands-on involvement. We invite you to join our efforts to extend Christ’s hospitality in our community and our world through our various mission efforts. Some of these missions include: Habitat for Humanity, Lazarus House, Hesed House, Elgin Mental Health Center, Fox Valley Hospice, Northern Illinois Food Bank, Rebuilding Together and installing purification systems to provide safe, clean drinking water in Guatemala.
We joyfully celebrate our life together and invite you to be an active part of our ministry and mission in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.